Monday, September 22, 2008

We're Back!

After multiple forgettings of my password (and user name for that matter), the HVs of VA are back! School has started and I am trying my best to keep this blog updated - starting tonight anyway. My goal is to update once a week, so here we go...

Katie is getting so big. It dawns on me daily that she is no longer my baby, but my sweet little girl. She is so much fun - she loves to be outside, loves rocking and reading, and loves to go shopping and fill her bag with the toy food items Grammy got her.

She has turned into the most verbal little thing. She talks and repeats things constantly. She can say her name "Katie Hor-bath", loves to say - not eat "ham-ba-gas", and really likes her "elf-a-lint" pajamas. When she is not at Aura's house, she always asks for her friends and looks forward to seeing them everyday. She can name most of them - Caroline, Raegan, Tucker, Xander, Eva, Garnett, Lindsay - and wakes up each day asking for Aura, Lake (her daughter) and Les (Aura's husband). She can even repeat sentences like "I wan go out-sy Dad-dy" and "I wan Chee-ohs."

Recently, our girl has learned to finger paint. Jordan and Matthew came over one afternoon to play with Katie so we broke out the paints and paper. Katie wasn't sure what to do with the messy paint, but after some prodding from "Jor-nan" and "Ma-kal", she dove right in.



Of course, there was more paint on Katie than there was on her paper. She was so funny! We had to put her right in the bath after we painted because she was such a mess.







No comments: