Saturday, July 26, 2008

Fun Times

Katie loves to do things with her Daddy, especially play outside. Stephan bought her a lawnmower so she could mow the yard just like him. Interestingly though, Daddy's lawnmower does not usually blow bubbles when it's in use.




This morning while we were enjoying our coffee, Katie tried on some "shoes". It took her a minute to discover the first "shoe" she picked up wasn't exactly one for her foot.





So she threw that aside, and found her Daddy's sandals. Once she had them on, as any girl who loves shoes knows, she had to walk around to see if they fit properly.



Katie and Daddy got to spend a lot of time together this week, as I was in Boston to attend a conference on how to teach writing in my classroom. As soon as I got off the plane, I fell in love with the city. We left the 104 degree weather behind in Richmond, and walked off the plane to a beautiful 73 degree day in Boston. 73 degrees!! In July!! I called Stephan that night and told him to pack our stuff - I want to move to Boston.

While I was there, I discovered a small kiosk in the mall that we went to for dinner one night. An artist created animals out of the letters in children's name and put those animals on prints, note cards, t-shirts, and bibs. I couldn't resist buying something for Katie. Check out Katie's name below. Can you find each letter in her name?



The K is the dog's mouth, the A is its head, the T is its tail, the I is its collar, and the E is its body and legs. Adorable, huh?

No comments: